Monday, August 3, 2009

FB Trends in Friends

During my first week as a FB member, i had 13 friend requests in 4 days. In the month that I have been a member, I have 24 friends and I have denied 6 requests. Out of the 24 friends that I do have, 3 of them are friends of my parents, who are in their 60's. The rest are friends from high school and people that I have met through them. I have found that the rate in which people request my friendship has decreased dramatically.

I spoke to a few friends who have over 1,000 friends on FB, one of whom has been a student since 2003. I asked her if she knows each one personally and she said yes, minus the few who are friends by a romantic association of one of her friends. She has met 99% (so she says) personally and will not add anyone she does not know. She has never de-friended anyone but has been de-friended by an ex boyfriend, by which she was deepy offended. Katie, my friend, will be graduation in December and will be trimming down her friends list as she in concerned abour her online image.

Overall, my request manager is slow, not constant, as I keep my FB profile private, both online and in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment